About Remi Cachet Hair
Karen Shaw Hair Extensions - Great Lengths Gold Salon, and a Great Lengths and Remi Cachet certified hair extension specialist
Remi refers to the hair cuticles kept intact giving the best hair quality. Cachet (pronounced Ca-Shay), means a mark of distinction.
We are really proud of our hair – for both it’s ethical sourcing and also for the way in which we carefully process the hair to ensure the hair is in the absolute best condition for you. Here we take you through 5 stages to our beautiful hair:
1) We start with the only the finest sourced hair: our Elegance range is sourced from the southern regions of Russian & Mongolia whilst the Luxury range is from China. Our professional team purchase hair in ponytail braids from raw hair markets. The main hair donors are women from remote areas who willingly provde their hair and are paid a reasonable price based on length, quality & density.
2) We want only the very best for our Remi Cachet hair please: The raw hair is inspected at our factory ensuring the braid is intact, the cuticles all lie in the same direction; examining it’s strength & virgin state unaffected by chemicals.
3) Now let’s process the hair: having cleaned and fumigated the hair, it goes through a gentle lifting process to remove the melanin before coluring. This can be slow to avoid damaging the hair and especially when lifting to colour for a blonde hair. Hair remains remi by sewing it securely.
4) Which colour do you want? Hair is coloured into the desired shade and then drawn to remove the shorter lengths before being either tipped with a bond or sewn onto a weft.
5) Double Quality Inspection: once packaged a specialist team in the factory check hair quality, hair colour, hair ratio, hair length, hair weight, hair handcraft etc. Once arrived at HQ a further quality process randomly checks around 15% of each type and colour; against each quality point. Only once the hair has passed these inspections are they available to buy.
Typically this processing can take between 5 to 8 weeks depending on the range & colour.
The products used for the brand are sourced ethically and delicately to provide you with a choice of two high quality 100% human hair ranges:
- The Luxury Range is a high quality Chinese Remi hair which lasts approximately 6 months with correct care and maintenance. These are Stick Tip extensions, the tip bonds are a standard size tip and are generally used with rings such as a standard Micro, and Silicon rings.
- The Elegance Range is a high quality Mongolian/Russian mix that will last on average up to 9 months plus, with correct care and maintenance. The Remi Cachet Mini Tip extensions are made with a tiny tip that measures 7mm length with a diameter of 2mm. The small tip mad been specially designed for use with the Remi Cachet Mini Locks. This type of application will give discreet connection bonds that lay completely flat to the head. They are less visible than other extension methods.